For over 60 years, Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd. has been providing transportation solutions to customers throughout North America using over the road services. We specialize in customers requiring consistent time sensitive solutions.
Reporting to the General Manager, Arnold Bros. Transportation Academy, the successful candidate position is responsible for coaching and teaching students and driver trainees the fundamentals of becoming a Professional Class 1 Commercial Driver through In-class and In-cab instruction.
- Ensure all safety & compliance requirements are met
- Establish a positive climate for in-class and in-cab training
- Use adult training techniques, Assess participants driving skills & related learning needs
- Develop & deliver in-class lesson plans
- Develop route plans, Deliver in-vehicle lesson plans, Use in-vehicle teaching techniques (demonstrating, coaching) and schedule minor maintenance work including truck washes
- Use commentary drive techniques, Apply in-class learning to in-vehicle training, Use on-road situations to enhance learning, Coach participants through practice sessions, Evaluate participants progress, Counsel participants through difficult situations, Assist participants with learning challenges.
- Follow the Highway Traffic Act, Private Vocational Institutions Act & Regulations. Professional Driver's Manual, Air Brake Manual
- Ensure All Safety issues are addressed & perform safety assessments of equipment
- Verify that participants understand what is required of them and are able to perform their functions safely
- Verify that all driving license requirements are met on a regular basis
- Promote a responsible attitude with emphasis on safe work habits and on safe driving procedures
*_Qualifications: *_Along with experience in a similar role, the successful candidate must have:
- A valid Manitoba Class 1 License with Air Brake & Slack
- Hold a Class 1 & 3 Driver Instructor Permit
- Completed a Manitoba Class 1 Driving Instructor's course
- Be eligible to register as an instructor with the PVI Office
- Outstanding facilitation skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and experience specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Great Company culture
- Benefit package
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunities for career growth
Candidates interested in this exciting opportunity should apply by email, including your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, by Monday, May 27, 2019 to:
Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd.
Director, Human Resources
739 Lagimodiere Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R2J 0T8
Other Job Related Information: Arnold Bros. welcomes diversity and encourages applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time