Semex is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic products and solutions for farmers around the world. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success, and that our employees are our most important asset.
We are looking for passionate, engaged individuals to join our new and growing production laboratories at our Guelph facilities. As the Media Preparation Technician, your role will be to prepare the high quality media required for the processing of our industry leading genetic products that are used on farms for healthy dairy and beef herds around the world.
What you will do:
- Preparation of consumable materials and ingredients for the media preparation
- Preparation of media required for processing
- Laboratory & equipment cleaning and sterilization
- Bacteriology testing for all prepared media
- Data entry into our ERP system
- Evaluation of genetic material for volume, concentration and quality prior to processing
What you need to be successful*:
- Communication in English (written, reading and oral)
- Attention to detail
- Concern for accuracy
- Desire to learn
Education & Experience: *
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in science, agriculture or biotechnologies is preferred
- Previous experience in a production facility is an asset
- Agriculture experience is an asset
Why Semex? What we offer: *
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellness programs
- Full benefits
- Performance bonus
- Fun social activities and so much more.
If you are looking for an organization that invests in its people, is engaging, flexible and striving for betterment this is the opportunity for you! At Semex, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and what we do for our customers.
If you have the skills to meet this challenging position, please apply or our website:
Semex encourages people with disabilities to apply for open positions. Accommodations will be available upon request for candidates participating in the various stages of the recruitment process.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying for this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Shift is Saturday to Tuesday 7 am to 5 pm.
Job Type: Full-time