12 hour day shifts (0800-2000), on a two week rotation (details within the job posting)
The Disability Support Worker (DSW) supports individuals with diverse abilities, including developmental disabilities, mental health, autism, FASD, in their home (coaching/supporting with daily activities/household chores) to encourage independence and in the community; attending appointments, be involved in recreational/social activities, volunteer, etc. Together we work with each individuals to maximize their progress and independence, support unique strengths and qualities, and encourage integration into the community.
Hours per week: 40+
Schedule: 12 hour day shifts (8am - 8pm), on a two week rotation
Week 1 = (5 days) Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Week 2 = (2 days) Wednesday and Thursday
For complex needs programs, where high behaviours may occur on a daily basis, the rate of $20.09+/hr reflects the requirement for additional supports/experience when supporting those clients. The regular rate of $17.09+/hr is paid for training/meetings/work with non-complex clients.
In Your Role You Will
- Support individuals to build life skills and social/occupational skills, independence and encourage participation and social interaction within the community.
- Teach/assist the client with daily household tasks (food preparation, laundry, cleaning, etc) and personal care (grooming, dental care, bathing, toileting)
- Drive individual in your own vehicle to appointments, day programs, community events, etc..
- Full job description available upon request
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
- 1 year similar experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and complex needs. Other experience such as Nursing or Health Care Aide may be considered.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Will also consider a Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
- MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License, clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle with suitable insurance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.09-$23.09 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Secondary School (required)
- Own vehicle & class 5 drivers license (required)
Work Location: In person