STOREKEEPER I (Permanent)
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
Posting No: 117776
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Closing Date: 03-April-2019
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Stores, the Storekeeper I will be responsible for delivering oxygen, linen, equipment and station supplies to EMS/Fire stations, retrieving soiled medical equipment from hospitals, picking up drug orders from the hospital, and various other deliveries/pick-ups from various vendors. The Storekeeper I receives, fills and verifies orders for medical supplies from stations, and assists at the Stores counter issuing clothing, safety, and station supplies. The Storekeeper I is also responsible for cleaning equipment, laundering blankets, and other duties consistent with the classification.
As the Storekeeper I you will:
- Deliver oxygen, linen, equipment and station supplies to EMS/Fire stations, retrieve soiled medical equipment and blankets from hospitals, pick up drug orders from the hospital, and deliver/pick-up supplies and parts from various vendors.
- Fill and verify orders for medical supplies from stations.
- Assist at the Stores counter issuing clothing, safety, and station supplies.
- In accordance with safety procedures, clean medical equipment, vehicles and maintain bays, including laundering blankets.
- Perform any other duties consistent with the classification, as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school (Grade 12) graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Full Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a Windows environment and to learn and work with various software packages including applications such as Outlook and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the WFPS, the City, and relevant external organizations.
- Ability to use a calculator or perform minor arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and organize accurate files and records.
- Knowledge of the medical equipment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of collective agreements would be an asset.
- Possess or be able to attain within six months a thorough knowledge of all inventory goods/materials and associated systems, policies and procedures.
- Ability to acquire within six months knowledge of the safe work practices associated with and required in the workplace.
Conditions of employment:
- Police Information Check and Police Vulnerable Sector Check (original copy) from the City of Winnipeg Police Service (RCMP or provincial equivalent), satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. For more information please visit: https://winnipeg.ca/police/pr/PIC.stm#online.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Full Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent). Provincial equivalents will be accepted; however, out of province applicants must show proof of having transferred their license to Manitoba prior to their first day of employment.
- Driver’s Abstract (original copy) from the Manitoba Public Insurance (or provincial equivalent), satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. It must be dated no more than thirty (30) days prior to date of application. For more information please visit https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Records/Pages/drv-records.aspx.
- Driver Safety Rating Scale Statement (original copy) from the Manitoba Public Insurance (or provincial equivalent), satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. It must be dated no more than thirty (30) days prior to date of application. For more information please visit https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/DSR/pages/dsroverview.aspx.
- The successful candidate may be required to undergo a medical assessment at the Occupational Health Branch.
- The successful candidate must be physically capable of performing the duties of this position – including considerable standing, bending, crawling, lifting, climbing, pulling and reaching, heavy lifting over 50lbs.
- Willingness and ability to work in adverse or inclement weather conditions (i.e. hot, cold, rain, snow, dry, humid and/or dusty air).
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Applicants must submit a resume clearly indicating how they meet the qualifications of the position. (Required)
- Copy of a valid Manitoba Class 5 Full Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent) (Required)
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you are unable to complete an online application, you can visit the Staffing and Diversity Branch where one of our staff will help you complete your application. The Staffing and Diversity Branch is located on the Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB.
Applications must be received by 4:30 P.M., Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ'sor contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Modelas part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $2,178.42 - $2,243.30 (Biweekly)
- Vacancies will be filled in accordance with the current collective agreement with the Manitoba Government & General Employees’ Union (MGEU).
- Applicants will be required to undergo assessments to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,638.92 to $58,325.75 /year