Supervisor: Mr. Greg Pugh Director, Operations Division
Location: Currently remote due to Covid-19 pandemic. Subject to change to Burlington (preferred) or Toronto office as feasible.
Employment Basis: Contract, with possibility for permanent hire
Compensation: Pay commensurate with experience
ASI is a Canadian-owned company that was founded in 1980 in response to increasing public awareness of the importance of the province's heritage. With offices in Toronto and Burlington, we are the largest archaeological and cultural heritage consulting firm in Ontario.
The Operations division co-ordinates and manages all Financial and Human Resources functions of the company and is looking for an individual to assist with those functions and to act as additional administrative support to our various business lines.
ASI is seeking to employ an individual with a passion for archaeological and built heritage who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have a degree in archaeology and preferably some experience with a CRM firm in Ontario, 1-2 years of administrative or human resource experience.
Excellent organizational skills and strict attention to detail are a must for this position. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and able to work independently and without distraction in a shared office environment or during Covid in a home office environment. They must also be able to work well with others on shared tasks to accomplish goals and meet deadlines, as well as possessing excellent verbal communication skills and diplomacy in dealing with inquiries from clients and various stakeholders.
This is a full-time position operating Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
- Request private and public locates using proprietary software
- Set up and participate in job interviews
- Update Human Resources database
- Send invoices to clients
- Obtain insurance documents
- Submit requests and reports to the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries using Past Portal
- Update databases in Sharepoint
- Assisting with office communications (telephone, email, and mail intake)
- Document production- format and prepare reports for transmission via courier, mail, or email
- Filing- maintaining company filing systems, both electronic and hard copy
- Scanning documents
- Track and order supplies
- Assist staff from all the company business lines with administrative tasks, as required
Qualifications and Expertise:
- University degree in archaeology is preferred. Other degrees in history, administration, and human resource management may be considered.
- Demonstrate experience in general office administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite. Familiarity with Microsoft Access an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $35,000.00 per year
- Clerical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19