Our mission is to deliver high quality education to high school students.
We are looking for passionate, energetic, and responsible individuals to teach the Ontario high school Grade 12 curriculum to high school students in Canada and other countries, specifically for International Business Fundamentals (BBB4M), Business Leadership (BOH4M), and Economics (CIA4U), and to be a potential backup teacher for English courses.
Materials will be provided, but you are free to add or modify them if needed to keep the class engaging. The applicants should be comfortable, easy going, and creative when teaching to teens so the students learn in a fun environment.
The work will be remote (you can work from anywhere in the world). All your interactions with the students will be recorded to satisfy the Ministry of Education's requirements.
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) required
- Experience teaching Business/Economics Grade 12 courses (preferred)
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Education Curriculum and Growing Success
- Enthusiastic, flexible, highly responsible; able to motivate and inspire students
- Familiarity with Moodle and Video conferencing solutions
- Teach Ontario High School Business/Economics Grade 12 courses at a high level of proficiency
- Assess and identify students’ individual learning needs
- Keep students engaged using a variety of teaching techniques: lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations
- Assign and mark homework
- Evaluate and review the progress of students and discuss results with students and parents
- Classes will start on February 3, 2020 until December 18, 2020.
- Live online instruction hours will vary (it doesn't have to be every day of the week)
Selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for considering Canaway Academy. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)