JTI-Macdonald Corp. is one of Canada’s leading tobacco and vaping companies and we employ approximately 500 employees across Canada with administrative offices in Mississauga, manufacturing facilities in Montreal and sales offices across the country. For the past three years, and most recently in 2019, we have been awarded Top Employer.
We are a member of Japan Tobacco International (JTI), maker of some of the world’s best-known brands in the traditional tobacco and potentially Reduced-Risk Products (RRP) categories. As our industry changes, our commitment to consumer choice remains. We are transforming to provide a wider portfolio of quality products, including those with the potential to reduce the risks associated with smoking.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45,000 people across the globe in 130 countries worldwide. For the past 5 years, we have been certified as a Global Top Employer, and in 2019 we once again secured regional certification in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Africa and the Middle East.
What sets us apart? Simply put, it is our passion for people, our culture of integrity and respect, our setting the bar high for performance, and our pursuit of continuous improvement in all that we do. These attributes create an environment that offer a wide range of local and global career development opportunities. For more information we invite you to visit www.jti.com and www.jt-science.com.
The Reduced Risk Product (RRP) Sales Representative assumes a primary role in the development of JTI-Canada Tech market share and volume within his/her territory. Core responsibilities include: Selling, educating and engaging the trade, activating trade programs, optimizing product mix, distribution and inventory levels as well as accurate collection of store level data. The RRP Trade Marketer will call on retail convenience at pre-determined frequencies to ensure optimal coverage and timely execution of monthly cycle plan objectives. Prospecting and cold calling Vape shops will be included with call coverage as an additional avenue to develop the category.
- Plans for the call based on sales data and understanding the need of the customer
- Analyzes factual data from their territory to support future planning
- Executes planned visit frequency and adapts to meet the required needs of the retailer
- Proactively plans to have more visits with the most important customers
- Contributes in the decision making with line manager of what activities should be executed
Negotiation & Selling
- Negotiates performance agreements
- Educates and influences outlets on the best way to manage E-vapour category
- Ensures the required JTI SKUs are listed and available for sale
- Uses an advanced selling process, matching JTI product benefits to customer needs
- Proactively predicts, plans and handles objections
- Tactically uses business information (JTI and retailer) to strengthen selling proposition
- Uses local knowledge to identify opportunities
- Maintains JTI product placement to agreed planogram
- Ensure recommended selling price points of JTI RRP products are correct
- Accurately records compliance and works with the owner/manager to rectify issue
- Presents JTI sales information provided by JTI Head Office
- Educates and provides best practices to retail - Business advisor
- Monitors and reports competitor activity
- Assess Individual objectives performance versus plan
- Records results versus objective in TME or similar system.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education
- Exceptional communication skills
- A willingness to participate in decision making with regional management
- A full valid license is required (Tool of the Trade (company vehicle) will be included)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
- Understanding of financial planning and time management
- Minimum 2 years experience in FMCG sales
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Skills, Competencies & Languages
- Solid knowledge and skill level with Microsoft Office products
- Sales experience is an asset
- English - Additional languages are an asset
- Commercial understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Selling and negotiating skills
- Technical knowledge of vape products/industry is an asset
JTI-Macdonald Corp. is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Please note that we welcome internal referrals, as per policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.