Children's & Women's Health Centre, Vancouver
Are you efficient and organized, with strong attention to detail? Help our clinic run effectively, so we can in turn provide the Support our clinic staff so we can in turn provide the best possible
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
- Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Prepares and distributes weekly Program newsletter
- Prepares expense reimbursements and invoices for Leader’s approval, and develops expenditure tracking spreadsheets for those expenditures qualifying for reimbursements. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment
- Completes and submits eForms for designated Leaders;; may support encounter records as required, and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Performs routine website administration activities for departmental team site, intranet and external web pages such as coordinating, updating, and posting content.
- Supports by scheduling room bookings for workshops, courses and clinical education, responding to queries from internal/external users, assisting with registration and processing of payments from participants. Preparation of materials and handouts; Coordinates media equipment, room set up and catering.
- Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12
- Graduation from a formal secretarial program
- Three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
What’s in it for you
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full Time (1.00 FTE) Until the return of incumbent
Hours of work:
Days of work:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.