Rothsay, A Division of Darling International Inc., is Canada’s largest provider of rendering and recycling services to the food industry, operating six processing facilities across Canada. Rothsay provides essential services for the efficient and environmentally responsible management of collecting, processing and recycling edible and inedible animal by-products. Rothsay, like Darling International, is committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality and excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Logistics Department, Truck Drivers are responsible for the pick-up and delivery of raw material and finished goods on a variety of routes and shifts. We currently have an opportunity for a reliable, team oriented and conscientious individual to join our team as a Class 1 Truck Driver at our Winnipeg location.
- Competitive base salary
- Defined Contribution (DC) pension plan
- Benefits plan, including Life Insurance, Disability and Health, Dental and Vision
- Uniforms provided
- Safety shoe/boot program
- Educational Assistance Programs, Scholarship Programs and Apprenticeship Programs
Position Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of raw material and finished goods on a variety of routes and shifts
- Operate Company equipment safely and responsibly
- Report any hazards and damaged equipment to Supervisors
- Flexible, willing to work overtime and work a variety of shifts as required (day shift and night shift)
- Ability to keep up with physically demanding tasks such as repetitive bending, pulling, pushing, lifting etc.
- Represent Rothsay in a friendly and professional manner at all times with consideration for customers and the public
- Perform other duties as required
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Valid Class 1 License
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- 1-2 years of previous driving or shunting experience
- Familiarity driving within the Province of Manitoba
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Thank you for your interest in Rothsay. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rothsay is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities where our facilities are located. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a manufacturing environment. Rothsay is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Provincial Accessibility Acts. The Human Resources Contact responsible for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)