* PLEASE NOTE: candidates must be graduates of a post-secondary program within the last 4 years and be currently unemployed. The position falls under the “One Job Pledge” program guidelines (Post-Secondary Education PETL)
Autism Connections Fredericton is seeking to hire an Opportunities Development Coordinator who will assist in the development and delivery of new programming and project initiatives that contribute to the sustainability of the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity as the organization is growing in its importance to the autism community and in its role as an outreach and resource facility. Autism now affects one in sixty-six Canadians and support services are ever increasing in demand.
The position requires an individual who is able to take a leadership role within the organization while working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate would be passionate about bringing about positive change and would be able to move the organization forward as part of a dedicated team.
The Coordinator would seek out new opportunities for partnerships and collaboration, as well as programming that will help to address the needs of the autism community and contribute to the overall sustainability plan of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Executive Director of the Autism Connections Fredericton.
- Develop specific outreach strategies and opportunities to connect to persons with ASD within the geographical scope of the centre.
- Maintain and build new partnerships with community agencies, government and potential funders.
- Develop funding proposals and strategies to grow the Centre in both its capacity for programming and its future staffing needs.
- Oversee the development and delivery of new programs and projects from inception through delivery.
- Develop and deliver presentations, social media and marketing strategies for the Centre.
- Committed to the full inclusion of people with ASD including the right to meaningful participation in the community,
- Strong outreach, organizational and team work skills,
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- Proficiency in MS Office, with strong working knowledge of Excel;
- Current and Valid Criminal and vulnerable population Record Check
- Valid driver license and unlimited access to a reliable vehicle;
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent in education and experience;
- Bilingualism is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (Required)