FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Wage negotiable, dependent upon experience.
With over 2 years in the business, our client list is growing, WE are looking for TRAFFIC CONTROL PEOPLE AND LANE CLOSURE TECHNICIANS to join our team of dedicated and highly motivated employees.WE OFFER TRAINING AND ADVANCEMENT IN THE INDUSTRY.
As an experienced member of the Traffic Control Team, you will be responsible for the execution of Traffic Management Plans within and surrounding construction zones
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and others at all times; demonstrating the highest level of professionalism and customer service at all times
- Ensure the safety of workers, motorists and pedestrians within and around the site, by controlling the movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic; utilizing signage, paddles and flashing wands
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and Procedures, including but not limited to PPE and clothing appropriate for the elements
- Identify and execute the location and means for all control points, ensuring superior visibility to oncoming traffic
- Distribute traffic control signs and tubular markers, in accordance with the traffic management plan
- Maintain the highest standard of professionalism, work collaboratively with on-site leadership
- Warn construction workers when approaching motorists pose an increased risk or fail to heed signals
- Record license number of traffic control violators for police
- Valid TRAFFIC CONTROL PERSON certification is required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred but not required
- Availability: Monday to Friday with some weekend work
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence, MUST own reliable transportation
- Experience in the operation of lane closure equipment and processes is an asset
- Applied knowledge of Health & Safety practices and requirements
- Own and maintain all PPE including: reflective and insulated clothing, Hard Hat and CSA approved footwear
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this position may include the following: unencumbered eye sight, hearing, verbal and written communication. The ability to reach, bend, crouch or kneel as required. Frequent standing for extended periods of time, frequent lifting of up to 5 kg’s, periodic lifting or manipulating of objects up to 20 kg’s.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operation of lane closure equipment and processes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lane Closure Technician: 1 year (Required)
- BC Driver's Licence (Required)
- Traffic Control Person (Required)