The MAN VAN is a 35’ C-Class RV, operated by Calgary’s Prostate Cancer Centre, that has been converted into a mobile health clinic. The Van travels throughout Alberta promoting the importance of early prostate cancer detection and men’s health by providing PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) blood tests, as well as blood pressure, blood sugar and waist circumference measurements. For more information on the MAN VAN visit www.getchecked.ca.
- Safely Transporting the Van and clinical team to and from the clinic location
- Complete vehicle inspection list before and after clinic
- Wash, fuel, and ensure basic maintenance of the MAN VAN
- Set up the Man Van as per the Drivers’ Checklist
- Act as inside host on the Van during clinics
- Double checking participants consent forms
- Filling out attendance sheet
- Interacting with participants prior to their blood test
- Give the client his PSA wallet card and explain the procedure for filling this out annually. Verbalize support in the client taking this first step in getting a PSA done and remind them to get it done regularly.
- Valid drivers license and clean drivers abstract
- Experience driving large vehicles (RVs delivery trucks, buses)
- Knowledge of prostate cancer from a personal perspective is a bonus, but not essential
- Physical requirements - Setting up the MAN VAN takes some physical exertion.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and outgoing personality with the ability to be sensitive to men who are being tested in the van
- Pleasant approach to education of PSA testing and Prostate Cancer
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality of all clients
MAN VAN drivers can expect approximately 2-4 shifts monthly. The MAN VAN clinics operate 7 days a week in all types of weather. Although the organizers of the clinic try to provide the best conditions there may be times when the driver has to work in inclement weather conditions.
Rural clinic are normally 3 hours plus set up and drive time. A work day can be up to 12 hours including drive time. Overnight travel (up to 4 nights) is required for select clinics
Clinics are normally 3 hours plus set up time.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- driving: 5 years (Preferred)
- Alberta (AB) (Required)
- English (Required)