Type of employment: Full-time, Permanent
Pre-employment Requirements: Criminal Background Check, 2 Professional References, Valid Driver’s Licence, Drug & Alcohol Testing, High School Diploma
Location: Nanticoke, Ontario
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A Day in the Life of an Administrative Assistant:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support, including but not limited to; filing, data support and inputting of all necessary documentation for SGS employees on site.
- Forward incoming mail, emails and faxes and prepare/ send outgoing mail and courier packages, as needed
- Enter data and follow up requisitions to obtain and receive POs
- Enter data in system and follow up on office expense reports and expense accounting on behalf of the site leader
- Data entry into client systems including, but not limited to, KPIs. Timecards/Time Keeper Entry activities (Kronos) according to set policies and procedures
- Support FLSs and SLS in scheduling employees (call-outs and schedule changes) and update to Master Schedule
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Nanticoke, ON (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)