Girls Inc. Limestone inspires all girls and young women to be strong, smart and bold through the delivery of dynamic, life-changing programs in Frontenac, Lennox and Addington, Hastings and Prince Edward counties. More information about Girls Inc. can be found on our website at www.girlsinclimestone.ca.
We are currently accepting applications for a Smart Start Program Coordinator for our Belleville, Ontario project. This is a one-year contract position with possible renewal. Smart Start is a youth employment program providing employment readiness workshops and mentored work experience that assists young women to overcome barriers to employment.
The Smart Start Project Coordinator will:
- Provide participants with the motivation and support they need to effectively address barriers to employment.
- Develop individual solution-focused interventions to ensure participant success.
- Coordinate and deliver employment and life-skills workshops.
- Assist participants to secure work placements relevant to their employment goals.
- Liaise with community employers to foster work placement opportunities.
- Mentor participants towards achieving work experience success.
- Other related tasks to ensure the programmatic success of participants.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant social services field.
- Successful completion of a CPIC including vulnerable sector check.
- Case management experience working with youth.
- An understanding of the distinct needs of young women.
- Valid driver’s licence and a reliable car.
- Proven track record of working independently.
- Regular travel throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
- Weekly travel to Kingston for team meetings.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume by email to Hanna Kitchingman, Program Director. Please do not mail or deliver printed applications.
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received. The posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Girls Inc. Limestone is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and employment equity in principle and practice. We are committed to the prevention and removal of barriers for persons living with disabilities and will provide support and accommodations as requested.
Job Type: Full-time