Job Title – Senior Designer / Project Manager
About The Firm - Gillian Segal Design
Servicing clients in major cities around the world such as Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, Palm Beach and beyond, Gillian Segal Design offers a full range of interior design services specializing in luxury residential, commercial and hospitality projects.
We are looking for a talented, passionate and experienced senior interior designer who is organized and has a meticulous attention to detail to join our close-knit team of six. We are looking for someone who thrives working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and who wants to think outside the box and push creative boundaries.
As a senior designer, you will be reporting directly to the principal, Gillian Segal, along with collaborating with other design team members. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in executing all phases of interior design process from beginning until close out in collaboration with principal designer (client contract documentation, conceptual design, space planning, specifications, drawing packages, presentation documents, construction documents, administrative tasks, and overall ongoing project management such as scheduling, budgeting, etc.)
- Expertise in sourcing, selecting, designing, specifying FF&E and art procurement for all projects with creativity and initiative.
- Managing, coordinating, and maintaining clear communication both internally and externally for all members of the project team including contractors, trades, architects, suppliers and vendors while maintaining and developing positive lasting relationships.
- Attending site meetings and overseeing the construction process to ensure the execution of design intent (able to address any site issues and provide appropriate solutions on the spot is essential).
- Prepare and present any revisions in a timely manner for approval (internal and external)
- Ability to design custom furniture, fixtures, and millwork
- Producing working drawing packages for new construction and or renovations, including plans, elevations, sections, interior detailing and perspective drawings.
- Create and maintain FF&E schedules, project budgets & timelines
- Ability to take direction and have daily interface with the principal designer, along with design team.
- Accepting and revising all changes from the principal designer to ensure alignment with GSD brand and client goals / requirements (within scope of work).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent drafting, and hand sketching skills
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Highly organized and self-directed (able to work in individual and team setting)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Creative and inspired
- Ability to multitask and exceptional time management skills
- Supportive team player
- Positive, dedicated, and highly motivated personality (willing to jump in and take ownership / support and assist other teammates and designers)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and multitask across several projects at once (able to prioritize, and manage time)
- Must be experienced and well – versed in many different project types
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, and able to make decisions on the spot
- Strong familiarity with luxury products and vendors is an asset
- Open and willing to travel out of town to project sites, as required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & SketchUp
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 8+ years of well-rounded and or related interior design experience and or a Degree / Diploma from an accredited Interior Design Program (NCIDQ is an asset)
- Must be able to drive / have a car to visit vendors, clients, and site.
Job Type: Full time (Vancouver, BC)
Schedule: Monday – Friday (and willing to work overtime to complete deadlines if necessary)
Salary: commensurate with experience
How to apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio to the emails enclosed above.
We thank everyone who applies, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: Senior Designer
Expected start date: 2021-11-09
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Interior Design: 8 years (required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (required)