The Health Records Processing Clerk supports quality patient care through the provision of efficient and effective processing of Health Records including prepping, scanning and indexing of the health records into Cerner in accordance with PHIPA and MGH h ealth records policies.
- Graduate from an accredited Health Information Management Program required.
- Certification with CHIM ( Canadian Health Information Management) preferred.
- Health record experience with preparing records for scanning and quality control indexing of scanned documents preferred.
- Health records experience with release of information procedure and knowledge of legislation preferred.
- Knowledge of termi nal digit filing and chart retrieval.
- Minimum 1 year related health record experience.
- Knowledge of computer systems (Med2020 and Cerner) an asset.
- Customer service experience.
- Medical terminology experience required.
- Good command of the English language.
- Experience interacting with multi-cultural and multi-lingual population.
- Flexibility to work other shifts when required.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a div ision of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a tra nsparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
- Keyboarding 40 w.p.m test will be conducted
- Intermediate Microsoft applications proficiency in word and excel (competency test will be conducted)
- Medical Terminology (Competency test will be conducted).
- Terminal digit filing (Competency test will be conducted).