Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit community services agency. Since 1976, we have provided community support, home and personal health care services in a holistic manner to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those with medical needs in the Greater Toronto, York, and Mississauga regions.
With a staff of 500 members (including full-time and part-time staff) and the help of a pool of 850 active volunteers, we serve over 15,000 clients a year, including seniors and the physically disabled; 3,000 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
We are currently seeking causal Personal Care Aides to join our Home Care team.
- Provide home management services, including household tasks such as laundry, making the bed, vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and other duties as directed by the supervisor
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to clients and their families in coping with daily demands and at stressful times
- Assist to set up clients for personal care services (i.e., grooming, skin care, oral hygiene, denture care, etc.), in accordance with the individualized care plan
- Assisting in preparing nutritious meals and snacks that accommodate specific dietary needs of the client
- Assisting in preparing grocery list, doing grocery shopping, and putting them away
- Accompany the client to appointments when required and authorized by the supervisor
- Possesses a recognized Personal Care Aide Certificate
- Valid certification in First Aid & CPR, and Food Handling
- Experience in housekeeping duties and preparing light meals
- Possesses a caring attitude, good interpersonal skills, sensitivity to recognize needs of elderly clients and/or clients with physical and/or mental challenges
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to establish rapport with clients
- Sufficient physical ability to assist with moving furniture; lifting equipment; bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time; climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Demonstrated good judgement, with the ability to work independently and cooperatively with the Home Care team
- Flexible working hours with availability to work shift hours, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Ability to speak a second language that reflects the community served, eg. Cantonese, Mandarin, is an asset
- A valid vulnerable sector police record check and medical check completed within one year
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.65 per hour
- Cantonese (preferred)
- Mandarin (preferred)
- Ontario Driver License (Level G) (preferred)
- Personal Care Aide Certification (preferred)