Best Deal Graphics & Printing
Full Time Day or Night Available (Komori GL640)
Printing Press Operator
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
Founded 30 years ago, BD Print has been a trade printer that is well-known for its unmatched expertise and know-how in the trade printing industry. We provide top-of-the-line print projects for all budgets and business types. Our team commits to deliver printing products of the utmost quality to our customers in Ontario and Canada, while respecting the deadlines and schedules, and offering competitive prices. BD Print offers a friendly working environment that always encourages employees’ development, as well as great opportunities to accomplish themselves professionally. We are currently looking for a Pressman to complete our press team. Located in Scarborough, Ontario, our trade printing company specializes in advanced trade printing business and offers a complete printing service accessible via our website. We are searching for candidates who have the skills featured below, and who also want to be a part of our enthusiastic team whose main objective is help our clients bring their visions to reality, by providing and delivering top printing products.
Main responsibilities :
- Providing support in setting up and operating machinery for printing and monitoring machines on a daily basis
- Assist the press production to achieve the highest print quality with minimal scrap; and monitor the waste and spoilage during run mode, make adjustments as needed
- Manages ink to print on layers
- Related duties assigned by the pressman.
- Provide reports of completed job productions, with different materials used and waste produced.
Required qualifications and skills
- Experience running Komori sheetfed offset presses (UV experience a bonus)
- Solid knowledge of 4 colour process & registration.
- Experienced with running / operating Mitsubishi Diamond 3000 6 Colour with coater or Komori GL640 with coater.
- 5+ years of machine operating experience
- Printing press experience is an asset
- Basic capability and able to technically troubleshoot the presses
- Must possess good judgment, sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well versed in print manufacturing
- Solid print background including high quality standards, teamwork & attendance.
- Will be able to work quickly in a fast paced environment and be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work alone as well as with a team
- Full time, Permanent
- Available for both Day and Evening shift
- Wage: depending on relevant experience.
- Employer paid benefits are offered to employees after 3 month probation.
- BD Print commits to offer equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We commit into treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Accommodations can be arranged on demand.
- Alternative formats of this position are available upon request.
All applications will be considered. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. Also, if the applicants qualify for other available positions, they may still be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
Applying : Send email to bdprinthr @ gmail.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Press man: 3 years (Required)