Why Fraser Health?:
Are you passionate about innovation and project management? If so, bring your skills to this key role supporting planning, implementation and evaluation of sustainable clinical operations initiatives for the Burnaby Redevelopment Project. Specifically, provide project management support to clinical and infrastructure teams through all project phases: workflow, technical, clinical design, build, training and go-live.
The Burnaby Hospital Redevelopment Project (BHRP) is a multi-year, multi-phase project with an initial focus on a new inpatient/outpatient tower, support facilities building expansion, and renovation. The second phase will include a new cancer treatment centre and 110 new inpatient beds.
This project is complex and will be comprised of new construction, demolition, renovations and various upgrades. Upon completion, the Burnaby campus will have two new patient care towers, an expanded emergency department, a new cancer treatment centre, and ultimately increase its acute care beds from 259 to 400.
As a Project Leader you will use your creativity to tackle project management complexities and oversee with various partners.
Are you highly organized have a keen eye for detail, and interest in document controls and project management principles? If so, this position may be an excellent fit. Your diverse background in project management, engineering, interior design, business/commerce or architecture will prepare you to use your creative skills in the planning, coordination and development of design and construction project. You role with PSRO (Project Support and Results Office) will be a key role in providing project management support in wide range of activities ranging from the development of project planning documents, trackers, to documentation management, document controls, and supporting and training the project team on these tasks.
We are a diverse team composed of dedicated professionals who thrive in a collaborative culture. We support learning, customer service, communication and success.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
Lead the development and implementation of project workflows across all team disciplines;
Support the project managers in the process workflow development, submittal reviews, project controls, design development submission reviews by liaising with clinical and project planners, consultants and various user groups for assigned projects;
Assist in the development of project scope, budget and project design schedule dashboards, status reports, etc; monitor project charter, plans and objectives to maintain timelines and project deliverables;
Refine your software expertise in PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, MS Project, and others; Support the Project Team through coaching, training, and training material development around the use of the software
Maintain electronic project records across multiple platforms and become a subject matter expert in software such as Procore, Bluebeam, SharePoint and SmartSheet;
- Support the development of project plan according to project methodologies to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with partners;
Facilitate department knowledge of current and emerging facilities design and innovations through evidence-based design concepts, use design and construction research;
Provide input in consultant selection, project tendering and various capital planning processes; supervises assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
We would like you to have:
Diploma or Degree in Architecture, Building Technology, Engineering, Commerce, or Records Information Management or a related field.
Five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing and supporting facilities projects in a complex institutional environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
This is a regular full-time opportunity located at or adjacent to the Burnaby Hospital in Burnaby, BC.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Do you have a passion for leading projects? If so, take the next step and apply, so we can continue the conversation about you joining Fraser Health. We value diversity in the workforce and strive to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients? We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an outstanding place to work!
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Project Leader is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned smaller facilities projects and/or projects with a lower degree of complexity, including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis. Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning and implementation of approved small projects and/or enabling sub-projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines. Oversees assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
- Functions as the single point of contact for assigned projects. Liaises with various internal and external stakeholders; conveys information and responds to queries, concerns, etc. with respect to project status, design and construction matters; provides frequent clear and concise reports to Redevelopment leadership regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carries out project plans according to established Redevelopment project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks; reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to Redevelopment leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings throughout the project lifecycle; seeks input from stakeholders (physicians, staff, Infection Control, Housekeeping, external users, etc.) during all stages of the project. Attends and/or leads construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules, and to direct activities as required; ensures Fraser Health's interests are represented in resolution of problems; ensures meeting outcomes and decisions are accurately documented and follow-up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Provides input to project business plans and project charters as requested; conducts feasibility studies; performs analysis and develops solutions. Prepares cost estimates and recommends budgets. Prepares planning and construction schedules to align with user needs and expectations.
- Reviews and assesses space occupancy and utilization. Documents current state and functional requirements to inform decision making by business units and/or senior leadership within the Redevelopment project. Provides recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Coordinates planning, design and contract document preparation by liaising with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance.
- Signs off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; maintains current copies of drawings, plans, manuals, proposals, etc. for assigned projects; files and/or archives completed project materials in accordance with Redevelopment project protocols.
- Participates in and provides input on consultant selection and project tendering; administers contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables, and that corresponding payments are processed. Arranges for procurement of furniture and minor equipment required to implement projects.
- Liaises with Planning and Engineering Departments of municipalities in geographic areas supported by Fraser Health to obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects.
- Coordinates and/or advises on potential impacts of work activities affecting site operations; arranges scheduled shutdown of systems, power interruptions, etc. based on operational requirements. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues.
- Monitors adherence to established safety, infection control and risk mitigation protocols by contractors and the Fraser Health's staff during project implementation; reports exceptions to appropriate personnel; takes corrective action as required.
- Leads and/or facilitates operational commissioning and any project-related decanting or moves; supports Fraser Health's leaders in the identification and implementation of operational changes required for successful project completion.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field, together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.