Located in Montreal, CGI’s Payroll Services Center (PSC) offers all-in-one cloud-based solutions that simplify payroll and human capital. Together with your team members, you will contribute to the success of local businesses! We are proud to have rewarding relationships with our clients; whose satisfaction rate is very high.
Ready to have a meaningful impact? This job is as reliable as you are!
We are ready for you:
- Never stop learning: we offer a complete, ongoing and paid training on Canadian payroll;
- Never stop growing: Career Opportunities supported by a professional development plan;
- Build true partnerships with your teammates, managers and clients.
- Enjoy our work environment recognized as one of the best in the country (Great Place to Work certified);
- As CGI members you will have access to our Share Purchase Plan and will be part of our Profit Participation Plan as of your first day with us;
- We care about our members: Employee Assistance Program, Health and wellness program, Comprehensive Insurance coverage financial assistance for your job-related studies;
- Work-life balance: a flexible weekday schedule.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Ensure business development with existing customers by offering our complementary payroll and human resources management solutions;
Offer solutions / services tailored to customer needs, referred by customer service, using online and telephone demonstrations;
Enter the sales information required for the production of monthly performance reports and follow up on prospects and opportunities using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool;
Qualify prospects and make sure to present the solutions and services adapted to their needs;
Build customer loyalty by making courtesy calls;
Achieve established personal annual performance goals and collaborate with industry members to achieve team goals;
Participate in various solicitation and promotion initiatives;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
1 to 3 years of experience selling products and services over the phone;
Ability to work with individual and collective sales objectives;
Experience in negotiating and concluding commercial conditions according to the price and the limits set;
Excellent command of French and English, both oral and written (bilingualism essential);
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office office tools (Word, Excel, etc.);
Knowledge of Payroll Solutions, Human Resources and Time Management is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time