Language required for job:
- A Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field plus 5 or years of work experience in the job offered or related occupation or Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field plus 2 years of work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (or 2+ years if PhD) must include: software development, large scale data mining and big data, and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 5+ years (or 2+ years if PhD) experience with technologies like Hadoop, Rules based systems and Machine learning
- Demonstrated project management skills across multiple stakeholders
- Have had responsibility for the entire life-cycle (requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch and production support) of a shipping product or online service
- Must have relevant publications in the field of machine learning or statistics or data mining
Terms of employment:
Full time, permanent
595 Burrard Street - 12th floor Vancouver, BC V7X 1L4
The Classification and Policy Platform team is looking for outstanding Applied Scientists to build technology to automatically monitor the billions of products on the Amazon platform. The software and processes built by this team are a critical component of building a catalog that our customers trust.
You will have an opportunity to work with state of art machine learning algorithms on large datasets. You will need to build Amazon scale applications running on Amazon Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
We are looking for highly motivated applied scientists and engineers interested in delivering the next level of innovation to product search for Amazon. As an Applied Scientist on the CPP team, you will innovate and be responsible for working across backend, client, business development, and data engineering teams to coordinate deep-dives, inform roadmaps, visualize metrics, and create predictive models to determine how we can best serve our customers.
Salary range $133,900 to $223,500/yr commensurable with experience
All applicants must meet all basic qualifications above.
Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
- Health Care
- Savings Plans
- Income Protection
- Paid Time Off
- Signing Bonuses
- Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation #0000