DC&F is a full-service construction management firm based Concord Ontario which services the southwestern Ontario area. Our primary area of focus is midrise multi-residential condominium and apartment projects varying from 10 million to 60 million dollars in value which make up 80% of the company’s work. Additionally, DC&F conducts mid to large renovations for various commercial applications including the medical offices, sales centers, office spaces and other commercial fit up projects.
DC&F is currently searching for an experienced and qualified Site Superintendents to join our team.
Site Superintendent Duties
- Responsible for overall control of construction sites
- Schedule subcontractors and ensure that schedule milestones are met
- Supervise subcontractor work as required
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements
- Maintain project logs
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor work for quality. Conduct quality analysis & quality control during preconstruction and construction phase. Direct and organize internal labour
- Schedule delivery of material and ensure proper quantity is delivered
- Ensure all third-party inspections are conducted as required by municipal building department, Tarion and other inspectors.
Site Superintendent Applicant Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience in multi residential Site Superintendent including experience in structures above 4 stories
- Underground parking structure experience required including all associated work, shoring, waterproofing, site servicing, concrete forming etc.
- Proficient at analyzing drawings, specifications and reports (geotechnical reports, DSS reports etc.)
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations on changes to drawings, specifications etc. to value engineer projects.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong trade knowledge including knowledge of concrete forming, framing shoring and excavation trades.
- Must have completed at least 1 project above 4 stories start to finish
Working at DC&F
This is the part of the posting where I tell you what our company is like. This is where we demonstrate our values, honesty, integrity, respect & fairness. We treat everyone that works with us like family. We are a, hard working company that wants to get things done and built. We don’t micromanage people until they want to pull their hair out, nor do we leave our staff with no direction or support. We understand that success on the job site starts with setting our staff up success from the beginning.
We are fair. If you need some time off to go to the dentist. Go. If your child is sick, go take care of them. If you want to ask our accountant about your personal taxes, do it. If you want to borrow some tools to remodel your home, no problem. We take care of our people. Some times that’s a day off, some times that’s helping them with fixing up their home or a multitude of other things.
We are serious about what we do but we like to have fun with it. If you like dealing with interesting projects with challenges and don’t want to put up strip malls and suburban housing until the end of time, apply. If your mind is flexible and wants to explore a better way of doing things, apply. If you love construction, if you can think of one thousand ways to build a structure, if you want a place where you can apply your knowledge and make meaningful suggestions, please do apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Site Superintendent: 5 years (Preferred)