Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generation technology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across Western Canada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers with solutions they can count on.
The Surrey Branch has an opening for a Journeyman Technician - Rebuild . Reporting to the Rebuild Shop Manager, you will be responsible for participating in the engine rebuild process, providing safe, productive and high quality work.
Additional responsibilities are described below:
- Inspecting and Rebuilding various engine components such as turbos, water pumps, lube pumps, intercoolers and aftercoolers at dedicated workstations
- Measuring and inspecting critical engine parts such as Cylinder Heads, Connecting Rods, Crankshafts, Camshafts, Cylinder blocks and Geartrains at dedicated workstations
- Measuring and inspecting various used engine parts to Cummins specifications to evaluate for reuse.
- Installing, Testing and Troubleshooting engines on a dynamometer
- Assembling engines and installing engine, into generator sets/power modules
- Reviewing of electronic service manuals and assembly drawings to order parts or for technical information and direction
- Disassembling engines, engine components and generator sets/power modules
- Participating in Cummins Safety Programs
- Supporting the Surrey Rebuild Center in various other technical tasks
- Hold a valid Journeyman qualification in one or more of the following fields: Diesel Engine Repair, Automotive Machinist, Heavy Duty, Commercial Transport, Automotive Mechanic or Millwright
- Prior experience rebuilding and repairing High Horse Power (HHP) engine platforms is considered an asset
- Comfortable in an ISO 9001 Certified Shop following established disassembly, rebuild and reassembly procedures
- Good organization, detail oriented with the ability to follow standardized work instructions and processes
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to work unsupervised and be a strong team player
- Able to work well under pressure in a production environment
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding of customer expectations
This position will work Monday – Friday from 4:00 PM to Midnight. Please note that any future shift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the standing Collective Agreement.
We offer competitive wages, a bonus program, benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development and career advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
For more information, please visit www.salesandservice.cummins.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent