The GI Sportz Senior Financial Analyst – Cost Accountant is responsible for all aspects of the cost accounting function. More specifically, the Cost Accountant is responsible for the delivery of timely management reporting, support business decisions, variance analysis and planning and internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand. by sku.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Support the business budget, forecast process
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Ensure the arrangement of cost of production to material costs, wages, and overhead costs
- Prepare estimates of costs for unique products in order to establish prices of products and to forecast production
- Developing and modify standard costs for all products
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Apply the methods and processes of the company and ensure compliance, including the health and safety procedures
- Any other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, costing and analysis
- Experience within a company in manufacturing
- Knowledge of an NAVISION & ERP systems – an asset
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills a must
- Functional Bilingualism (French and English)
- Intermediate mathematical skills:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry * Advanced reasoning skills:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Office environment
- Require minimal travel to Indiana Facility
GI Sportz reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description as appropriate in its business judgment. This job description does not mean that these are the only job duties, including essential duties, to be performed, by the employees occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other functions or duties assigned to them by management. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA (Required)
- FRENCH / ENGLISH (Required)