ATCO Frontec is looking for a creative and talented Executive Chef to join our team.
This position is based in Canada.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients. We are a service-based organization made up of great people who work hard to get the job done and deliver excellence in the communities where we work and live.
Seeking a dynamic, experienced culinary professional to join the team in an Executive Chef position. The Executive Chef is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, provides professional leadership and direction to the kitchen personnel. Creating of menus, ordering of products and ensuring all food services are preformed to the highest of standard possible.
Why join our team:
- We offer employee benefits, career advancement, and growth and development opportunities.
- We believe in safety above all else and we foster a welcoming and diverse culture, and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair, and respectful workplace.
- This is a rotational position, with travel paid. While on site, enjoy all meals, accommodation, and amenities free of charge.
- Manage food services in strict compliance with Food Service Management Guides, Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Manage and plan menu’s appropriate to the clientele in accordance with the Contract Scope of Work and within approved budgets
- Monthly inventory and inventory control
- Adheres to labour matrix and controls labour costs
- Oversee customer relations
- Responsible for training and monitoring employees to ensure Health and Safety procedures are being followed
- Conduct daily safety meetings with all kitchen staff
- Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance and ensures PM’s are being done
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples
- Various other duties as assigned by management from time to time
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Executive Chef position in a complex kitchen operation is required.
- The successful candidate should hold their Culinary Red Seal.
- Prior experience working in large facilities such as universities, hospitals or a remote camp setting is an asset.
- Experience in menu development is a strong asset
- Professional communication skills, oral and written in a leadership role
- Strong ability to train, mentor, coach and guide performance to personnel in all positions
- Innovative and creative problem solver in finding solutions and opportunities
- Strong organizational, time management, and report writing skills
- Proficient using MS Office software
The fine print:
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test and a Security Clearance Check. Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices. ATCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Cooking: 5 years (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
Work Location: On the road