Posting Number 40053
Requisition Title Professor - Developmental Services Worker
Internal Posting Closing Date 04/27/2021
External Closing Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Campus Location London
Department School of Community Studies (HUM)
Employment Group Faculty
Hours of Work per Week
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Developmental Services Worker Program in the School of Community Studies.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required
- Developmental Services Worker diploma preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Consideration will be given to applicants who are currently enrolled in a Master’s program
- Minimum 5 years of recent and relevant work experience
- Active in pursuit of scholarly activities
- Experience in an inter-professional work environment preferred
- Well-developed understanding of andragogy as well as curriculum design, delivery and evaluation
- Successful teaching experience at the post-secondary level is required
- Preference will be given to candidates who can teach a wide range of topics reflective of the person-directed philosophy of supports that are mandated by Ontario’s Development Services Sector
- Knowledge related to the complex health and behavior needs of children and adults with developmental disabilities will also be an asset
August 16, 2021
Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.