FORACO CANADA Ltd., an international drilling company serving the Canadian mineral exploration market, is currently accepting resumes for qualified individuals to work on the Voisey’s Bay Nickel Mine in Labrador on a fly in, fly out basis. The rotation is 14 days “onsite” and 14 days “offsite”. All accommodations are provided.
Number of Positions: (2)
Target Start Date and Duration: Project is expected to begin 2019-06-24 through to 2022-01-31.
Duties and Responsibilities: Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain heavy duty mobile and skid mounted drills as well as support equipment used within the scope of Foraco Canada Ltd. operations. Some of the specific task will include but are not limited to the following:
- Check for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets regulatory specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- May service specialty attachments or components and maintain, adjust and repair such items.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
Valid Training Requirements:
- WHMIS 2015 - Working at Heights Training
- Isolation Theory Training - Valid First Aid and CPR
- Crane/Rigging Training
- Valid Driver’s License – Class D
- Completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program
- Heavy Equipment Mechanics Diploma
- Pre-Access Medical, Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Criminal Record Check
Job Type: Fly-In/Fly-Out
- mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Labrador City, NL (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)