The Canadian Cancer Society Peterborough unit office has volunteer opportunities for experienced office administrators. Help the Society engage the local community by raising awareness about cancer, providing information and resources on Canadian Cancer Society programs, and utilizing your excellent administrative skills to support signature events and seasonal campaigns.
In this volunteer role, duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting the public, answering the telephone, scanning documents, photocopy, assist the public with the pick up or drop-off of materials, and send/receive packages.
- Act as a resource to community members by sharing Society information, and referring people to local services, information, and programs.
- Make thank you calls to members of the community for their contribution to our mission, including sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
- Database and administrative projects, including up-dating Word/Excel documents, records management, and basic accounting tasks.
- Provide support to specific campaigns or projects under the supervision of a dedicated staff partner.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English; other languages an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a business setting.
- Organized, detail-orientated,reliable, and community-minded.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office or retail environment.
- Minimum of three years administrative or reception experience required.
Time Commitment and Shift Availability:
- 3 1/2 hour shifts once per week (9:30am - 12:00pm OR 1:30pm - 4:00pm)
- Shifts currently available: Monday afternoons; Wednesday afternoons; Thursday mornings; Friday mornings
Reference ID: PTBO- OFFICE- 2020-01
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)