SLCS is currently seeking a Relief Urinalysis Collector for our Community Residential Facilities (CRF) as well as in the community. The role is responsible for facilitating urine collection of clients in a one on one setting; ensuring integrity of samples collected as well as maintaining the chain of custody for the urinalysis collection. The position will also involve paperwork, including creating a schedule of regular and irregular collection for clients, daily and monthly case notes/logs and preparing appropriate consent and authorization forms. The successful candidate will be able to conduct routine non-intrusive searches of clients before and during urinalysis collection. You may be required to attend court hearings and/or meetings with auditors.
The role and schedule for this position will require general availability during all shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and public holidays. This position would also include collection on an urgent basis, in which a 24 hour response time is required. While working, you will be responsible for the safety and security of our clients and other staff, and are expected to follow all health and safety / risk management requirements as assigned. This position requires significant travel throughout London and the jurisdiction of Elgin, Middlesex, Lambton, Huron and Perth counties. This position is a bona fide occupational requirement role inclusive of Male candidates only.
- University Degree or Diploma in Correctional Services or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year relevant urinalysis collection experience preferably within justice, corrections, mental health and/or addictions
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention - Preferred
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle is required
- First Aid /CPR with AED Level C – current
- Candidates who are proficient in both official languages of Canada will be considered an asset
- Able to meet the essential bona fide occupational requirements
In accordance with SLCS’ policy on Police Background Checks, this position requires that the individual provide, at their own cost, a clear Police Check which includes vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
SLCS adheres to the French Language Services Act. SLCS is also committed to promoting equity and diversity in our employment practices. As well, we are an equal opportunity employer which is committed to an inclusive and barrier free workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform the recruitment contact and we will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
Visit http://www.slcs.ca/ for more information on our programs
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Urinalysis Collection: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelors degree or 2-year community college diploma (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)