The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services to clients around the world, with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in Canada, the United States, and Latin America. With the Canadian head office in Edmonton, the company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds, and industrial capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, fireproofing, and asbestos abatement, for general maintenance, construction, turnarounds, and shutdowns to western Canadian producers.
The Receptionist will act as a first point of contact and provide general information of our business to staff, clients and the public. They will serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately and notifying company personnel of visitors’ arrival as well as directing all telecommunications, and mail distribution. The position will provide additional support to the management team as required. This position will also act as the executive assistant to the President of the company, by booking travel, submitting expenses and arranging meetings. this position will all support the Business Development department with administrative tasks.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Professional and customer focused
- Posses good troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and works independently.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Professional and concise communication in written and oral form.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Answer electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Maintains security by following procedures and monitoring visitor logbook.
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, and transcribe and distribute meeting minutes as required.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, and conferences for management team and/or clients/customers.
- Responsible for maintaining the executive team’s calendars, contacts and account data;
Job Type: Full-time