Senior IT Network Analyst
On behalf of our client SIGA, we are looking for a Senior IT Network Analyst to join their team of professionals.As the Senior IT Network Analyst, you will play a vital role in ensuring our enterprise-wide IT network and communications infrastructure's operational efficiency, security, and reliability.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Infrastructure & Architecture, this role involves strategic planning, design, and hands-on administration of network systems. The Senior IT Network Analyst is responsible for optimizing the availability, performance, and security of network assets while contributing to the development of standards, procedures, and technical documentation.
- Develop strategies, policies, standards, and procedures to ensure robust network operations.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations for hardware, software, and system enhancements.
- Contribute to the design and integration of new technologies, ensuring security and compatibility.
- Establish and maintain security standards, configuration baselines, and best practices.
- Lead documentation efforts for designs, configurations, maintenance schedules, and service records.
- Assess, monitor, and optimize network infrastructure for high availability, capacity, and security.
- Proactively monitor for incidents, anomalies, security breaches, and conducting reviews as needed.
- Collaborate with internal/external teams for audits, investigations, and compliance efforts.
- Manage network components, including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless devices, and more.
- Support business continuity/disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Cultivate strong vendor relationships for efficient service delivery and procurement.
- Perform system maintenance, including firmware updates, patch management, and security advisories.
- Provide end-user support and collaborate with business units for complex technical issues.
- Support projects led by the Project Management Office and IT Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA certifications (Network+, Security+) preferred.
- Cisco certifications (CCNA Routing and Switching, CCDA, etc.) preferred.
- Palo Alto Networks certification (PCNSE) is a plus.
- Five years experience managing complex TCP/IP networks.
- Extensive hands-on working experience and knowledge of current operating systems (Windows and LINUX), Cisco (IOS, NX-OS and IOS-XE), current network applications, all network layers, routing, switching and related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IPv6 and RMON etc.)
- Current technical knowledge of internet and network technologies such as firewalls, routing, wireless, switching, VPNs and tunneling, VLANs, Quality of Service, traffic policing and shaping.
- Proven expertise in documenting complex systems and technical information.
- Strong hands-on skills in routing, switching, network topologies, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with network segregation, logical and physical.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications, Wireless Controllers, and Secure Access Control System.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, availability, capacity, performance, and security.
About SIGA www.siga.ca
Established in 1995, SIGA is a non-profit corporation owned by the First Nations of Saskatchewan. Its primary objective is to generate revenue for the First Nations communities, promote economic development, and provide employment opportunities for the Indigenous population in the province.
SIGA currently operates seven casinos: Dakota Dunes Casino in Whitecap, Gold Horse Casino in Lloydminster, Bear Claw Casino in Carlyle, Northern Lights Casino in Prince Albert, Living Sky Casino in Swift Current, Painted Hand Casino in Yorkton, and Gold Eagle Casino in North Battleford. These venues offer a wide range of gaming options. In addition to its casinos, SIGA also organizes and hosts various entertainment events and concerts throughout the year. These events showcase local and international artists, providing a diverse range of entertainment options for visitors.
Overall, SIGA plays a vital role in the gaming and entertainment industry in Saskatchewan, operating casinos that provide entertainment options while generating revenue to support the economic well-being of the Indigenous communities it serves.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume (in MS WORD format) in confidence to Adunia Weldetensaie [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.