The Perks (The Good Stuff)
- We offer great benefits from your first day (no waiting period):
- 100% match company pension
- Extended Medical and Dental Programs
- Disability Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care and Rx Safety Vision Program
- Free On-site Parking
YOUR FUTURE AT MTU STARTS RIGHT HERE!
MTU Maintenance Canada is the North American member of MTU Maintenance network of companies, the largest independent provider of commercial engine maintenance services worldwide. Based in Delta, B.C., the company operates in the vicinity of the Boundary Bay Airport where it repairs and overhauls engines and accessories and performs engine tests.
MTU has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Employers for Young People in 2019 and 2020. This special designation recognize leading companies for offering the nation's best workplaces and programs for young people starting their careers!
10,000 people. 16 locations worldwide. One in three planes flies with our technology. And we are hard at work every day to keep growing. To get even better, even stronger. Even more sustainable. Not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Toward that goal, we employ the world’s best people. People who put airplanes in the sky. We shape the future of aviation. Join us, and watch your career take off!
In an effort to improve profitability and costumer experience, the repair engineering department at MTU Maintenance Canada is implementing selected repair capabilities for modules, accessories and piece parts of the aero engines types CF6-80, CFM56-2 and V2500.
The Repair Engineer
The repair engineer is responsible to drive the incorporation of repair capabilities which are new to MTU Canada. In this role the Repair Engineer is responsible for the evaluation and interpretation of:
- Maintenance requirements given by OEM’s and/or authorities (ESM’s, SB’s, AD’s)
- MTU’s repair process capabilities in terms of equipment and materials available on-site and abroad
- Todays and future cleaning and inspection capabilities at MTU Maintenance Canada
- Financial aspects like repair cost and volume, forecasts, OV and implementation costs etc.
- Repair opportunities and options considering deviation handling (TO,s, Repair Development (DER))
The Repair Engineer is implementing repair processes which are technically and financially sound given the aspects considered above. It is a key function of the Repair Engineer to ensure that all maintenance activities are conform with approved repair documentation.
Typical duties of the Repair Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Support production team with technical support and on-demand repairs
- Incorporation of open source and source demo repair processes as required
- Development of special repairs processes such as DER repair procedures
- Procurement special equipment and materials,
- Design and procurement of special tooling and equipment where required,
- Validation and approval of tooling, equipment and machinery
- Improving repair process efficiencies
- providing support to adjacent departments like costumer support, finance, purchasing, power plant engineering, work planning etc.
- Investigate and report on repair process failures, accidents or incidents and prepare recommendations for corrective action.
- Provide technical consultancy for accessory production, advise repair actions internal documents
- Ensure an optimized Try Out and First Article Inspection processes:
- Prepare Tool Validation Report, Technical Order and Green Pages to control deviations and clarify the requirements during the repair processes.
- Review Accessory Outside Vendor repair reports as required to reduce the cost by adjusting the workscope recommendation.
- Investigate quality concerns related to tools, equipment, processes and personnel.
- Assist in developing and implementing standards, schedules and programs for the engineering and technical work performed at MTU Maintenance Canada.
- Plan and manage new component projects, prepare Bills of Material, estimate production costs, and create design specifications for new tools, fixtures and equipment.
- Train technician(s) on new product and/or process improvement(s).
- Initiate and coordinate the introduction of new repairs.
- Ensure appropriate communication with external and internal customers.
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship. Official Social Insurance Number documentation must be presented at interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
We have established safety measures (masks, physical distancing and barriers) to keep employees safe.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- First Article Inspection: 3 years (required)
- DER Repair Design: 3 years (required)