AYRFIT operates fitness facilities across Alberta through GYMVMT, HER GYMVMT, and ClubFit. Together we are inspiring a new movement by innovating and re-energizing the fitness experience. With 13 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, our team has been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 35 years.
Are you passionate about health and fitness? Do you want to join a team of passionate professionals who lead the health and fitness industry with service exellence?The Fitness Consultant (FC) enrich people's lives by inspiring a healthy and active lifestyle.
This role will be responsible to enroll prospective guests into members while ensuring they are properly integrated into our fitness clubs. In addition to assisting prospective members in choosing a club membership that suits their needs, you will also help existing members with any issues that may arise. The FC will also be responsible for our member’s first impression of the club and is imperative in supporting and coordinating the administrative and operational functions of our fitness facilities. This is a multi-functional role that entails sales, customer service and operational efficiency.
Full-time, permanent. Shifts start times will range from 9am to 12pm and consist of four weekdays with one weekend day per week. May need to start at 5am or end at 11pm some days depending on the needs of the business.
Sales and New Member Enrollment
- Prospects for new clients & obtain qualified leads daily. Consistently achieve or surpass personal and club sales goals.
- Assist, receive and direct members, guests and telephone inquires as per operational policies and procedures.
- Promotes Group Exercise Programs, and refer members to Personal Trainers.
- Enrolls new members and follows up to ensure promised services are being exercised.
- Booking appropriate service appointments such as CRT, PFC, PT sessions and boosts.
Customer Service and Operational Efficiency
- Greet, acknowledge, check-in members following established protocols. Provide exceptional customer services to members, colleagues, and guests at all times.
- Control access into the club based on member account status.
- Registers guests on DGR upon arrival - following established protocols.
- Handles member service inquiries such as accounts and billing issues in a timely fashion or refer to the appropriate department.
- Answer the phone on brand and obtains appropriate information, transfers calls and administrate messages appropriately.
- Follows and records the established rotation system for guests and telephone inquiries set by management.
- Maintains a clean an organized reception area at all times.
- Balances the cash drawer at beginning and end of shift. Checks Jonas transaction journal to Moneris receipts to reconcile daily business.
- Enter Telephone inquiries into VFP and onto to TI log- transfer based on established rotation to FC.
- Warm farewell as members and guests exits the club. Assist members with lost and found items as required.
- Ensure regular floor checks are completed as per the established protocols.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and operationally sound facility. Share internal and external promotional/marketing ideas with your manager.
- Keep up to date with club and company policies, promotions, procedures, and protocols (Including but not limited to InForm, communication binders, club/company memos etc).
- Attend all company required meetings and offer input toward achieving company goals.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Identify any potential health and safety concerns to management. Ensure proper completion of incident r eports as required.
- Maintains ethical representation of the company, leading by example while contributing to a positive team environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize in an efficient and timely manner.
- Proper telephone etiquette with basic knowledge of telephone equipment.
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English both verbally and written.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Shows initiative for all aspects of the position.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Professional and ethical etiquette.
- Passion or health, wellness, and fitness will be a great asset.
- Able to work independently as well in a team setting.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Dental, Paramedical Benefits
- Complimentary gym membership to all IFH affiliated GYMVMT, HER GYMVMT clubs for yourself and a friend or family member
- Complimentary access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Discounts on fitness services
- Professional development opportunities
- Community involvement and philanthropy
Come Join Our Team
As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed, and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
- If this is your first time creating a profile with us please note that after you confirm your email you will need to return to this posting. Then select "Apply" at the bottom of the job posting to complete your application. Thank you.