Join the Acden team!
*Not just a job opportunity; A career with purpose*
Safety, security and all the open doors you need. At Acden, our open-door policy means that management is always available to discuss your experiences. We don’t just invite you in, we encourage you to stay a while. Pull up a chair – what do you take in your coffee?
Acden Environment is currently accepting full-time applications to support an upcoming contract for one of our oilsands clients. These positions have a commencement date of late May 2019.
Acden Environment Limited Partnership is seeking two (2) Site Managers to join its Kearl Oil Sands operations. This position will consist of 10 on, 10 off rotation, 12-hour day shifts, there is a possibility that this role may change to a 4 day on, 3 day off rotation, 12-hour day shifts. Flight and camp accommodations will be provided through the client from designated hubs in Edmonton (Alberta) and Calgary (Alberta); however, schedules, shifts and site locations may change from time to time to meet operational requirements.
Under the leadership of the Assistant Operations Manager, the Site Manager is accountable for managing financial, health, safety, and operational key performance indicators (KPI’s), as established by the client and senior management. The position manages a team of Operations Supervisors. The Site Manager executes strategies that complement the company’s overall strategic operating and marketing plan including business development, quality management and regulatory compliance. The Site Manager is responsible for maintaining the safety mandate established by Imperial Oil and Acden Environment. Additionally, the Site Manager drives growth through continuous improvement initiatives; thereby adding strategic value to Imperial Oil and Acden Environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the operations team in establishing client service levels, performance standards, accuracy and productivity.
- Directly collaborate with the client operations to identify opportunity for optimization.
- Oversee the development of direct reports by providing appropriate training opportunities, coaching and/or mentorship in line with the succession plan.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution, goal setting, and performance development planning.
- Establish and monitor quality standards, such as Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), in line with Acden’s corporate mandates to ensure optimum service, safety and quality control.
- Work closely with other Acden business entities in maximizing shareholder value.
- Establish and maintain a positive and successful working relationship with clients and partners
- Manage the contractual relationship to ensure client satisfaction and profitable business operations.
- Investigate and expand opportunities for business development and site growth.
- Works with senior management to determine areas of concern and develop strategies to improve operational and financial performance.
- Measures, analyzes, and communicates operational performance using a variety of tracking and trending tools.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment standards regulations, corporate policies, health safety and environments procedures and processes, International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Policy and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Policy Manual.
- Maintain a Total Recordable Injury Frequency (TRIF) rating of zero.
- Maintain Alberta Labour Certificate of Recognition.
- Ensure customer service requirements are met.
- Identify non-conformances and record on Service Control Reports (SCR).
- Comprehend and comply with the Alberta Provincial Hours of Service Regulations.
- Be familiar with and observe Alberta Provincial Ministry of Transportation Laws to ensure safe operation of commercial vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned that fulfill the demands of the role
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree is required, Professional Engineering Designation is an asset.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a leadership role.
- 5 years’ experience in a senior management position within the waste management industry would be an asset; hazardous waste experience is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage executive level relationships.
- Proven people manager, capable of implementing and managing processes to effectively attract, retain and develop a strong team.
- Strategic thinking capable of identifying and achieving KPI’s that improve efficiencies, productivity, optimization and manages costs.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop internal and external relationships at all levels; sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence is required.
- OSSA Basic Safety Orientation (BSO) or a combination of OSSA Regional Orientation and CSTS-09 can be substituted
- Highly developed written and oral organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to balance and manage changing priorities and proven ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Ability to complete all work in compliance with Alberta legislation, regulations and site policies and procedures.
- Eligible to work on all Acden client sites as required by the position
- Safety driven attitude and attention to detail
- Valid Common Safety Orientation (CSO); or OSSA BSO Certificate, or a combination of CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional certificates
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Hearing pre-employment screening tests
- Competitive industry wage and group benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability and life insurance)
- Opportunity to participate in Acden’s Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Contribution
Interested candidates are invited to complete our online application through our careers centre at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate on the online application and in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 5 years (Required)
- hazardous waste: 1 year (Preferred)
- waste management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum class 5 Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
- CSO, BSO or CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Eligible to work on all oil sands sites in the RMWB (Preferred)
- Willingness to remain clean shaven (if applicable) (Preferred)