Purpose of the Position:
Flight Dispatchers are responsible for safe and efficient operational control over North Star Air flights in co-authority with the Pilot-in-command in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising Operational Flight Plans for North Star Air flights
- Communicate flight plan requirements with appropriate Air Traffic Control facility as required
- Keep up to date with changing weather and operating conditions and provide weather briefings to flight crews
- Analyze operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit, constrain or impede operational capabilities
- Flight watch and monitoring of all North Star Air flights
- Maintain effective communication between all Operations departments; out-base staff/managers and other departments to minimize flight delays and day-of-flight schedule integrity
- Successful completion of the Transport Canada Flight Dispatch Generic Examinations (FDOPS and FDMET).
- Requirement to be qualified in accordance with CAR 705 and CASS 725
- Must hold a valid Air Operator Radio License
- Minimum 21 years of age as required by Transport Canada
- Detail orientated, ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Advanced working knowledge of general computer and software applications
- Ability to obtain and retain Restricted Area Identification Card involving a Criminal Record Check
- CONCERN FOR SAFETY: Identifying hazardous and potential hazardous while taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment all North Star Air staff.
- TEAMWORK: Able to collaboratively work with others to achieve organizational goals.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Providing service excellence to internal and external customers.
- INITIATIVE: Dealing with situations and issues proactively while creating short and long-term solutions with operational staff.
- COMMUNICATION: Listening and communication openly, honestly and respectfully with diverse audiences while promoting dialogue and building consensus.
Hours of Work:
- Day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Occasional travel may be required
- North Star Air Ltd. offers competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates.
Please note that applicants for this position must have current eligibility to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity. While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview. Accommodations may be available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 /hour
- dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)
- Transport Canada Flight Dispatch Generic Examination FDOPS (Required)
- Air Operator Radio (Preferred)
- Transport Canada Flight Dispatch Generic Examination FDMET (Preferred)