Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Classroom Technology Services (CTS), as part of Ivey’s Information Technology team, provides audio/visual support to the Ivey community, ensuring Staff, Faculty, and Students can effectively use the technology in the learning environment. CTS Staff support major events in the school ensuring all building AV Technology is functioning and available, and is as easy as possible to use. The staff install, maintain, upgrade, replace, monitor and support all systems to ensure reliable operations.
The Media Specialist will provide high quality audio/visual service to faculty, staff and students at the Ivey Business School. The Media Specialist will implement, maintain and utilize of a variety of software and hardware technologies including video production and shooting techniques; provide technical support to users for websites and media programs; and will provide guidance and training to staff, faculty and students on equipment use.
- 3 year Community College diploma in a related field (e.g. multimedia, video, digital media arts)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years’ of technical experience working with digital imaging technology, video editing
- Experience with web design, multimedia design and social media preferred
- Experience with hardware setup, installation and maintenance of computer systems, including PC & Apple preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of video editing techniques and software, audio/visual concepts and basic designs, classroom technology, video conferencing
- Proven media content creation, adaptation, and a creative flair
- Experience with visual and audio communication principles
- Ability to manage social media platforms and content management systems
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
- Self-directed, and comfortable exercising discretion and independent judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a reputation for resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities with frequent interruptions
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, confidentiality, and patience always
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues
- Detail oriented and able to effectively interact with technical and non-technical users
- Excellent troubleshooting ability along with hands-on expertise in technical support
- Verbal and written communication skills with an ability to document technical information
- Ability to investigate defined issues, solicit input, and suggest remedies and alternative approaches that meet the needs of the situation
- Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, faculty members, students and the public
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.