Support Staff (BCGEU)
Hours of Work (BCGEU):
8:30am - 4:30pm
# of openings:
Hours Per Week (BCGEU):
6 - BCGEU Pay Grid
Days of Work (BCGEU):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Permanent Full Time
Internal Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Occasional travel between campuses is required.
External Closing Date:
Open until filled
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: STUDENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Enrolment Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for advising and providing information on KPU programs, services, admissions and registration policies and procedures, in person, on the phone and by email; perform a wide variety of financial transactions, and to assist with applications, registration, and appointment bookings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years of post-secondary education combined with a minimum of one year related office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current experience working in the Registrar’s Office, preferably in a Student Enrolment Services position
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering functions, including payments, refunds, reconciliations and daily cash balancing
- Proficiency with Student Banner or a similar student/client records-based system at an intermediate level
- Demonstrated current knowledge of KPU programs and courses and demonstrated ability to keep up to date with credit, non-credit and continuing education offerings, admissions and registration policies, tuition fees, timetable changes, class cancellations, etc.
- Proven aptitude for exacting and precise work with high levels of accuracy, including records management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a confidential setting and demonstrated good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, faculty, staff and students
- Strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision, exercise good judgment, and demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas and understand customer needs and expectations while providing excellent customer service to a diverse range of people and situations
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure and handle conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated intermediate level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite, Student Banner, Sharepoint
- Minimum of 40 WPM keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel to other campuses as required
Click here for a more detailed job description
Please include a cover letter with your application package.
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job Type: Full-time