In this new position, you will play a meaningful role by developing and leading the implementation and execution of our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategy.
You'll make a positive impact on building a safe and inclusive work environment where all dimensions of difference are valued and represented, while all team members feel welcome and able to bring their authenticity to deliver results. You'll also help champion a diverse workforce where there is equity in hiring, development, and advancement regardless of a team members’ dimensions of difference.
Note: We are open to candidates from a variety of locations
- Collaborate with leadership to develop Wawanesa’s D&I strategy.
- Develop and oversee the execution of strategies to embed diversity, inclusion and cultural competency across Wawanesa, including awareness and education initiatives, programs that foster visible leadership commitment, and equity outreach programs.
- Establish, guide and partner with internal employee networks and groups to drive employee engagement and external recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with internal departments to promote diversity initiatives to employees, leadership, partners and the community.
- Establish and facilitate a Diversity Council, working collaboratively with all functional/divisional representatives to embed our D&I strategy across Wawanesa and its subsidiaries.
- Identify global external influencers, organizations, and subject matter specialists that we can partner with in order to drive our D&I initiatives.
- Stay connected internally and externally, leveraging data, insights, gathering strategies, resources and other inputs to inform D&I strategies and tactics.
- Act as a coach, trusted partner and confidant in helping leaders and team members build inclusion acumen through personal curiosity, immersive experiences and topical training.
- Lead visible cross-functional project teams to build solutions across a wide range of D&I related projects.
- University degree with 4-6 years of strategy development and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; can design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with broad cross-functional teams; proven abilities to execute multiple tasks simultaneously with quality results.
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas”.
- Ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders – without direct authority.
- In-depth knowledge of leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in diversity and inclusion.
- Proven track record of critical thinking; ability to leverage data and insights to influence and develop/track solutions.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19