Project/Program Overview: We are currently hiring for a Software Developer, Front-End (UI) in Calgary, AB. This role will be a combination of working remotely and onsite at our Calgary office. We have a number of measures in place for onsite working – our top priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues
Job Description: In this role you will advocate for the front-end design as part of the UX, Human Factors + Design Team (UX, HF + D Team) in working with the development teams to assist with program objectives of meeting end user needs but also in communicating the priorities of these needs.
The responsibilities and range of activities will vary, but in general will include:
- Participate in an interdisciplinary integrated project team environment.
- Work closely with software, firmware, to develop specialized Graphical User Interface (GUI) firmware on military embedded hardware devices or software designs using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development process.
- This is a cross-discipline role of bridging a GUI implementation role with firmware, and/or software development with user experience to ensure a positive end user experience.
- Identify and create software user interface requirements and analysis of implementation.
- Prepare and review design documents.
- Code and peer review software.
- Document the analysis, design and test activities in accordance with development standards.
Basic Qualifications: You will have experience in:
- Code detailed front-end interface designs of various scope and complexity based on provided product and system level designs.
- Advocate for the front-end design as part of the UX, HF + D team in working with the development teams to assist with program objectives of meeting end user needs but also in communicating the priorities of these needs.
- Interface with the UX, HF + D team on the front end/graphical user interface by reviewing and providing feedback on designs both in progress and under implementation.
- Coordinate and develop front-end user interface with Core Development Teams
- Actively seeks to improve and assist others in the execution of front-end development for a variety of applications and their development teams; which may include mentorship to different development teams.
- Has a strong understanding of WPF and MVVM with a willingness to learn and adapt and even advocate for new frameworks.
- Experience creating Front-end frameworks both from scratch and as part of refactoring efforts.
Ideally, you may also have some of the following:
- Familiar with working with a Human Factors / UX Team in an agile environment
- Mentoring teams into creating consistent implementation that matches the design and assists in coordinating assistance or fixes.
- Development of or support of Human Factors artefacts and design prototypes in a variety of mediums and fidelity as appropriate.
- Creates and supports innovative and effective end user interfaces as part of a team and able to communicate design rationale.
- Participates in scrums, release planning and estimating activities
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Company Overview: General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team! We will work with you around any workplace accommodation required during our application process. If you require accommodation or have questions, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com
Our Company Benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours – which means every other Friday off
- A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits
Location: 1020 - 68th Avenue N.E., Calgary, AB
Job Type: Contract