Toronto West Academy is a Science and Technology online school that is based in downtown Toronto and is licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education. We are looking for an experienced principal to lead and be the public face of our school. This seasoned executive is the most important position with our school and as such, we are looking for a seasoned individual that brings a wealth of experience as an education leader. Being an online school, this individual must be able to lead our innovative school into the future, allowing it to maintain a leadership position in the global education industry.
- Hire and manage of all academic staff at the school;
- Supervise all aspects of the school to ensure that each and every student receives the best possible learning experience during their tenure with our school;
- Manage student admissions into the school;
- Communicate with parents and staff as necessary;
- Uphold the policies and procedure of the school;
- Plan academic calendars for the school;
- Ensure that the school operates according to the regulations and policies of the Ontario Ministry of Education and is compliant with all applicable laws;
- Keep the school in a state of readiness for an inspection at any time by the Ontario Ministry of Education;
- Oversee the collection, review and submission to student grades to the Ontario Ministry of Education and other required stakeholders;
- Design creative new programs and restructure existing ones to ensure continued relevance and to provide the best experience for our students;
- Teach, assess and support students in specific classes as required.
- Collaborate with and support our international education partners to ensure the best possible delivery of our programs to students around the world;
- Master’s degree in Education is required;
- At least five years of teaching experience is required;
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certification is required;
- Principal’s Qualification Program certification is required;
- Previous experience with an online school or with the delivery of distance education will be a definite asset.
- Strong ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven leadership experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Principal’s Qualification Program certification (Required)
- English (Required)