As a Staples Fulfillment Centre associate, you are an important member of our team and our customers’ experience! The tasks you will perform will ensure our customers receive accurately picked, and carefully packaged orders. Your role will be to keep designated prime locations fully replenished. This is done by picking cases of product from various overstock locations throughout the FC and stocking it into the designated prime location. A big part of the daily job function requires the use of a basic inventory computer system along with the safe operation of various MHE.
- Report to work for every scheduled shift. Comply with Staples Attendance Policy.
- Keeping designated area fully replenished by working through a Let Down Report.
- Using a R/F scanner along with basic math skills to keep the overstock location quantity accurate.
- React urgently to ensure all locations short of product are filled in a timely manner.
- Capable of working with little or no supervision for periods of time.
- Safe use of replenishment equipment. Various MHE, carts, scanners, box cutters.
- Work with pickers to identify and solve mixed and short locations.
- Perform daily housekeeping in assigned areas of the Fulfillment Centre.
- Be ready to fill any bottlenecks throughout the Outbound Operation which Includes shipping, loading, Bulk or Break Pack order picking, and Put away.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Math, Reading, Writing, Communications skill needed.
- Moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Associate may be required to lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 64 pounds (30Kg) by hand.
- This role is in a Fulfillment Centre environment. Use of proper safety procedures to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule and be available based on the needs of the business.
What We Offer:
- Prior experience picking orders in a Fulfillment Centre environment.
- 2-3 years MHE Operator experience.
- Math, Reading, Writing and Communications skills.
- Flexible schedules that meet and accommodates your needs.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits for full time & part time associates.
- Employee discounts for various companies in various industries.
- Internal promotions whenever applicable. Cross-training for various roles throughout the Fulfillment Centre.
- Competitive hourly wage amongst industry competitors.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.