Integrated Security Systems SERVICE TECHNICIAN (CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, Intrusion Systems)
We are searching for a Security Technician with experience installing security systems (access control, video, emergency communications, and intrusion), the ideal candidate will also have a good understanding of networks and IP-based solutions. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of electricity and electronics, IP video, and PC/server hardware and software. Excellent people skills and a high level of commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, and the ability to meet and deal with customers face-to-face will help ensure your continued success.
A generous compensation package includes the following:
- Highly competitive wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Group Benefits
- RRSP Matching Contributions
- Company-provided vehicle
- Cell phone allowance
- Continuing Professional Development Program
- Quarterly company performance bonus
Bond Securcom has an excellent continuing development program to enable you to pursue additional learning with the financial support of the company. This is an environment where you will be able to develop and demonstrate your knowledge and skills and make a real difference to the security of our customers and the success of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working under the supervision of Operations Manager, to diagnose and repair access control, intrusion, video, telephone, and network systems in residential, commercial, industrial and other types of buildings.
- Follows general instructions, sometimes in the form of drawings, to complete the physical and electrical installation of all components of security, intercom, network, and other systems.
- Submits reports and makes recommendations to the Operations Manager regarding issues or challenges with the products, installation process or progress, or other issues that affect the installation project.
- Installs systems within the allotted time and contributes to scheduling and project management decisions.
- Specific knowledge of the following types of systems would be beneficial: DSC, Guardall, Protégé, Ccure, Avigilon, Keyscan panels, Various turnstiles, Exacq/IVT, Avigilon, HIK, Guardall video – cameras and VMS, TOA, Aiphone, TalkMaster, MESH, Sentex, and Liner intercoms and entry systems, Network components – jacks, patch panels, switches, routers, hubs, etc
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma; post-secondary education in electronics (technician) or technologist;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the installation of similar electrical equipment and wire/cable in similar environments;
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G level) with a clean driving history;
- Knowledge and ability to use power tools with appropriate training for powered equipment and lifts etc.;
- Speak, read and write fluent English;
- Team Player
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to lift cameras, wall boxes, and typical equipment associated with the security industry;
- Able to work at heights on a lift or scaffold etc (with proper Lift training and training in fall prevention, etc.)
- Previous knowledge of ICT-Protégé, C-CURE, DSC, Avigilon, Keyscan, Exacq, TOA, Aiphone, MESH, and Liner or similar products would be beneficial.
In business for over 40 years, Bond Securcom Inc is an industry-leading security systems integrator, with a number of large and prestigious projects to our credit, including Adelaide Hotel, Shangri-La, and Ritz Carlton of Toronto. We design and supply innovative systems and services to the commercial, industrial, hi-rise residential, and institutional markets in the extended GTA. We are making significant investments in systems, service, and quality, and providing innovative and highly integrated security solutions, which in turn is resulting in significant growth and new career opportunities.
Become part of the Bond Securcom team and take the next step in your career growth and personal development!
**Upon request, accommodations are available for job applicants. Please inquire**
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent