Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for conducting thorough review of credit applications received through Scotia Online, .COM, phone and Bank partners. The Credit Specialist refers any SAM declines or exceptions to ACE for review. The mandate of the Credit Specialist is to identify any inconsistencies in the application, validate all required SAM messaging and adhere to Credit Specialist’s specific approval limits. Validation of identity forms a critical component of the review process requiring all investigation activities to be documented in the case.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Underwriting and administration of Retail Credit by:
o Reviewing and authorizing conditionally approved/declined applications for accuracy and consistency in all credit policies.
o Executing thorough credit investigations and providing sound recommendations/approvals within assigned limits, (see Appendix A) on retail credit applications. .
o Conducting effective telephone communications in order to complete/conclude credit investigations while maintaining the confidentiality of the Bank and customer.
o Performing enhanced due diligence and adhering to full investigation as per KYC procedures
o Responding to correspondence concerning credit enquiries and problems from customers and branches.
o Validating identity of applicant using current and relevant processes
o Reporting fraud through proper channels when identified
o Recommendation to ACE when the application warrants an override to SAM/DRE credit decision
- Develop and maintain banking relationships with customers in a way which ensures that the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer satisfaction consistent with the Scotia Service standards by:
o Ensuring the inbound/outbound calling authentication procedure is followed
o Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of all Retail Lending products, policies and procedures necessary to respond appropriately to customer inquiries. The incumbent should also develop and maintain an awareness of competitor’s products and services.
o Responding to customers immediate service requirements as well as identifying opportunities to explain and promote the sale of other Bank products. Referring cross-sell/up-sell opportunities to the Contact Centre
o Assuming responsibility for all customer enquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him/her by resolving those matters within his/her discretion, to the customer’s satisfaction or by referring the customer to the appropriate source as set out in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedure’s and Privacy Code.
o Taking full responsibility for resolving all customer/branch inquiries, and de-escalating concerns/complaints.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk,
regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills and requirements
- A thorough knowledge of the Bank’s online systems e.g. Intralink, SalesBuilder, KS/KV Systems, PEGA, AS400.
- Sound judgment in conducting credit investigations and making retail credit recommendations.
- Strong communication skill in French and English is a must
- An appreciation and an understanding of the related consumer retail credit market
- Experience working in a customer facing position
- The position requires the incubent to be on the phone for the whole duration of their shift to respond to partners and clients' inquiries, previous telephone/telemarketing experience would be considered a strong asset
Toronto || Canada : Ontario : North York || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.