Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
Facilities Management (FM) is responsible for the planning, development, construction, operation, maintenance and stewardship of all the buildings, infrastructure, sites and services within Western's campus community. FM works closely with campus partners to coordinate new construction and renovation projects as well as to complete maintenance, preventative maintenance and service requests. Our integrated Team provides excellence in creating and maintaining Western's facilities and in serving the community.
The Manager, Parking Services will oversee parking operations, functions and processes, to ensure that best practices are implemented in the planning, management and delivery of parking services. The incumbent will lead and direct the work of others, ensure appropriate resources and controls are in place to manage risks, and investigate and recommend the use of new technology to enhance parking processes. The Manager will actively participate in the development of policies and procedures related to parking, and will review existing policies and processes to identify opportunities for improvement and to enhance customer service. The incumbent will provide coaching and training to their team to ensure the delivery of exemplary customer service to various stakeholders. The Manager will work collaboratively to support Western Parking Services’ mission, and will provide oversight to ensure that the unit remains competitive, and that revenue and operational targets are met.
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Project Management, Accounting, or related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 years' experience in a supervisory role focused on delivering customer service and process improvements within an institutional setting, preferably related to parking services
- 5 years' experience managing projects and staff, and supporting strategic planning processes
- Ability to ensure expenditures are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
- Ability to effectively drive and manage change initiatives that align with organizational strategies and/or provide opportunities to increase efficiency
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Self-driven, critical thinker who is highly skilled at anticipating and resolving stakeholder relation issues
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals
- Critical thinking skills to analyze problems, and collect information required to make an accurate conclusion
- Ability to promote individual growth by encouraging others to learn new skills and develop themselves
- Capacity to consider issues from the perspective of others
- Ability to quickly re-allocate resources and adjust priorities in response to unexpected events or changing circumstances
- Ability to provide guidance to assist others in solving complex problems
- Computer skills with the ability to train others in system usage; Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment, and skillfully negotiate, bargain, compromise and conciliate as required
- Results-oriented with the ability to motivate and coach employees to meet high performance standards, while working effectively as a member of the leadership team
- Ability to organize and effectively manage financial and human resources needed to achieve results
- Ability to provide strategic analysis and recommendations for designing and implementing new and changing administrative processes
- Project management skills to ensure team roles are clear, milestones are communicated and deadlines are met
- Knowledge of and ability to manage communication and promotional and engagement strategies for faculty, staff, students and other customer populations
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Familiarity with Human Resources principles and practices
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in building a strong collaborative team and leading people
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce a current police information record check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.