Rehab First is one of Ontario's largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting. At Rehab First, Occupational Therapists perform assessments and treatments on a wide variety of cases and are often assigned Case Lead responsibilities on the complex ones.
We are currently seeking an experienced full time or part time Occupational Therapist for the Toronto/Downtown area.
- General and specialized assessments, such as those for physical and cognitive capacities, mobility, and attendant care needs
- Identifying and specifying assessment and treatment plans and obtaining client and third party approval to proceed with them
- Research and creation of OCF-18 claim forms for Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits (SABS)
- Cultivating referral customer relationships, such as those with insurers, lawyers, physicians and psychologists
- Device and equipment specification, requisition and placement
- University degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Superior communication, planning, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied case load
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (Laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- occupational therapy: 1 year (Preferred)