Step Up Academy of Learning is an Academic Center created, organized and managed by Ontario Certified Teachers. We seek highly enthusiastic and engaging educators who share the same if not, stronger passion for learning, teaching and student growth. We hold our teachers to high standards and actively seek to develop a professionally stimulating and growth-oriented work environment. We look forward to expanding our team of diverse educators who are at the core of our success.
More About Us: www.stepupacademy.ca
Further Job Details: www.stepupacademy.ca/employment
- Be able to accommodate some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Able to take on a minimum of 4 hours to 24 hours per week.
- Able to commit to a contract up to the end of June with opportunity for renewal.
- Conduct each class in a detailed and structured manner, with student growth and understanding as the main goal
- Strong classroom management and teaching techniques specific to French instruction Grade 1 to Grade 8 and High School
- Understanding of the education industry as a whole, with a passion for innovation and creativity
- Approach each day and class with a student growth mindset
- Collaborate and interact with the Step Up Academy team in a professional and academically stimulating manner
- Differentiate instruction and assessment practices to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Successful applicants will be teaching in an environment with a 1:6 teacher to student ratio.
- A Bachelor degree from a Canadian University
- An undergraduate degree with a French Focus
- Able to teach French from Grades 1 to 12
- Able to teach Core and Immersion French
- Must be OCT certified (or in the process of doing so)
- Primary, Junior, or Intermediate Certified
- Ability to teach Grades 1 to 8 Science, Math and English
- Previous teaching and/or tutoring experience (2+ years is preferred)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated passion for the growth, development and overall learning for all students.
- small classroom sizes (1:6)
- Teaching materials and educational mentorship will be provided to teachers and tutors from experience full-time teachers currently employed by a local school board.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note: this job is only open to candidates that are currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
Contract length: 10 months
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- online teaching: 2 years (preferred)
- Teaching Certification (preferred)