Barnstorm VFX is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Nuke Compositor to join our Vancouver team.
- Capable and confident in Nuke, with a strong grasp of 2D compositing techniques. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
- Should also be proficient in Mocha and Photoshop.
- A basic understanding of 3D compositing and multi-pass compositing is a plus.
- Ability to do advanced tracking and stabilization (including complex corner pinning).
- Well-versed in clean plate creation, beauty, and production fixes.
- Adept at troubleshooting difficult tasks that lack a straightforward solution, without overly complicating the work.
- Strong keying ability, including luma keys, key cleanup, and various keying techniques. Experience keying in Nuke required.
- Good photographic understanding of light, depth of field, distortion, and motion blur.
- Equally able to work on large sequences with a long-term deadline as high-pressure sequences with quick turnarounds.
- Artistic aptitude that allows for the quick creation of elements through stock integration and paint work.
- Able to work neatly and efficiently with clear comp organization and the ability to decipher and troubleshoot other artists’ work.
- A genuine interest in pushing your creative and professional boundaries.
- An ability to be self-directed and to thrive on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills--takes direction well, is able to interpret supervisor and client notes, and can ask for appropriate clarifications when needed.
- Must be located in Vancouver and a resident of BC to be considered.
**Please include a link to your reel in your application**
*please, no phone calls or office visits
Barnstorm is a high-end visual effects studio providing photo-realistic visual effects for a variety of television, feature film, advertising and streaming projects. We pride ourselves in our employees’ talents and dedication to producing world-class visual effects.
We invite you to view our latest show reel, which includes Emmy nominated visual effects work for season 4 of The Man In The High Castle at www.barnstormvfx.com.
Barnstorm VFX was named as one of this year's 100 Best Places to Work by the Los Angeles Business Journal. Ranking #27 in the medium business category, we are proud to have been selected and are excited to continue growing and evolving.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Freelance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Nuke: 2 years (preferred)
- After Effects: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings