CMLS Financial is looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Toronto team as a Funding Officer, Commercial Mortgages. In this role, you will work with an extensive portfolio of commercial, multi-family residential and industrial real estate properties across Canada. You will utilize your thorough knowledge of the commercial mortgage industry, conditions management and regulatory compliance, as well as your sound decision-making skills, to fund mortgages that have been originated through our broker network. The ability to maintain positive working relationship with different CMLS departments, brokers, customers, solicitors, CMHC and third party professionals is a must. We are looking for a talented addition to our team – join us!
In this role, you will:
- Confirm appropriate approvals have been received prior to the commitment letter being issued
- Ensure requirements of CMLS and CMHC, if applicable, have been properly represented in the commitment letter. Consultation with upper management and legal counsel may be necessary to ensure that non-standard conditions are incorporated into the document in a clear manner
- Coordinate loan closing by instructing solicitor and external property insurance consultant after ensuring all requirements, including commitment changes being addressed and deposits received, have been satisfied
- Liaise with solicitors, originators, and CMLS Credit Risk Management, to ensure all supporting documents and pre-funding conditions are received and satisfied prior to advancing funds
- Coordinate closings with third party investors (CMLS has multiple), ensuring all investor requirements are met and investor approvals are received
- Coordinate locking of the interest rate, ensuring all pre-rate lock conditions are satisfied and investor requirements regarding timing of rate lock are met
- Calculate interest adjustments, tax holdbacks and monthly tax components
- Arrange advance approval by senior management prior to requesting funds from the investor and instructing legal counsel
- Ensure accurate information is provided to the CMLS servicing department for set up of all loan details in the commercial loans management system
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements
Nice to haves:
- You have mortgage or real estate office experience
- Have intermediate experience using Microsoft Office
- Are tech savvy with an aptitude for using different databases
- You are results-driven, possess strong organizational skills
- You are detail-oriented
- Are able to multi task and have the ability to adapt to a variety of responsibilities
- You take ownership of your work and demonstrate a high degree of accountability and commitment at all times
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to work well independently as well as within a team environment
- You have completed either an undergraduate degree or have other post-secondary education in real estate, law, or business
- You have 2 years of experience in the commercial mortgage industry, preferably in mortgage funding
- You have an interest in real estate combined with an understanding of financial analysis
We are Canada’s Mortgage Company. Founded in 1974, CMLS Financial is one of Canada’s largest, independently owned mortgage services companies - over 40 years, 10 000 customers and 10 billion in assets. Business is booming, which means our employees get valuable exposure, new learning opportunities, and can truly have an impact on our business. We are committed to providing our people with a challenging and rewarding career because our employees set us apart and we know it.
You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of your work and be a part of a collaborative environment learning from some of the most well respected and established professionals in this industry. We have a business casual work space that is filled with friendly faces that are energetic and have a hard-working attitude. You’d be working with a great group of bright, talented and eager individuals and a management team with an open-door policy that’s happy to share their experience and knowledge with you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CMLS Financial is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to hear from you!
If you are confident that you would be a strong asset to our team, submit both a cover letter and resume today. Be sure to tell us why you believe yourself to be a perfect fit! We thank all applicants for their time in applying, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.