Coco Paving Inc. with over 50 years of expertise in vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development projects has immediate opportunities for full-time, seasonal Flag Persons to join our team for road construction projects in Belleville and surrounding areas.
Safety training and job specific training is provided as required and as necessary; Personal protective equipment provided as required, except for safety footwear.
- Control traffic on roadways and through work zones to ensure workers, motorists and pedestrians are kept safe; Use of “stop and slow paddles” to control traffic
- May be required to assist in set-up and tear-down of barricades, traffic control signs in accordance with traffic protection plan
- Assist in daily safety meetings
- Follow company safety policies and wear personal protective equipment
- Other related flagging duties as required
- No flagging experience necessary but preferred
- Prior traffic control person training an asset
- Valid G driver’s license and own means of transportation is required.
- Able to work long hours including night shifts and weekends as required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to follow instructions
- Dependable, reliable and punctual
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Must have own safety footwear
- _ *_Looking for a company to grow with? Coco Paving is the place to be.**
- Union rates and benefits
- Local work
- Direct Deposit
- Emailed pay stubs
- Well-establishes, stable and growing company
If you are a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!
Job Type: Full-time
- traffic control: 1 year (Preferred)
- flag person: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Belleville, ON (Preferred)
- G class driver's license (Required)