Reporting to the Manager, Social Policy and Accessibility, is responsible for leading policy, planning and program implementation for Inclusion and Accessibility activities and initiatives; performing as Corporate Lead for Accessibility, coordinating the identification and removal of barriers to accessibility in programs, services and facilities; coordinating and overseeing the preparation and implementation of the Region’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan; leading the implementation, monitoring and compliance of accessibility regulations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA); supporting York Region Council’s Accessibility Advisory Committee (YRAAC); providing policy direction and support to all Departments and stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of accessibility plans; and providing thought leadership and leading implementation of plans, policies and programs to advance the vision of the Region as a welcoming and inclusive community including leading all activities and initiatives of the Inclusion Charter for York Region in the organization and the community.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years program development and project management experience working with community groups in the municipal, provincial or federal government, including demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the Region’s role, functions, issues, challenges and legislative and policy framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and implementing policies, programs and initiatives related to accessibility and inclusion.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
How to Apply
Please apply online by July 14, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$107,874 to $126,846 annually